Thursday, May 30, 2013

My Thoughts on Blogging

I like being a part of this circle.  I like knowing other WOPAs and making connections.  I thought when I started this blog I would share my insights and path to healing.  It could maybe help someone else to find healing too. But the problem is, I'm often discouraged and don't have so many great insights to share.  So I don't blog.  And then I don't make connections.  And I get stuck in isolation.  I know some of you much better than you know me, because you eloquently share and I remain silent.  How can I call that a meaningful friendship? I know lots of you and even have a handful of numbers saved in my phone.  But I never call to reach out because I figure that someone is probably too busy.  

I'd like to turn over a new leaf and become more active in our circle of WOPAs, but I think I need to modify HOW I blog.  I'm going to try an experiment: going private. I'm hopeful that if I know and trust my readers I will be more willingly to be vulnerable and really share what is going on in my life.  I've given up on the idea of being some recovery star that has lots of wisdom to share with an unknown audience.  I want to be real, but in a safe place.  I'd like to trade anonymity for meaningful connections.  If you will email me, marleehere (at) gmail, I'll send you an invite to the new blog.  I'm going to leave this blog open because I'd always like to make new friends.  So regardless of when you read this post, feel free to contact me.  I'm no expert at recovery, but I understand the pain of being a WOPA.  See you soon on the "safe side."

Marlee

11 comments:

  1. blog for you.
    not for us.
    yes, we certainly will benefit many days.
    but let it be your purpose to chart your own truth. your own honest feelings and your own journey.
    in that journey lies beauty and learning and testimony.
    and everyone else in turn will have the chance to learn from you.

    write like no one is going to read it at all. then you can be fully blunt and honest. then YOU will grow.

    id love to read your new blog.
    deziray2@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. invite me too
    eatmyscab@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Please invite me: bloomwhereplanted@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just saw this. It was so fantastic to spend time with you.
    Hisstrugglemystruggle@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Please include me Miss Marlee! :)

    This is Jacy btw ;)

    jacyleeclemons@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Please invite me...I'd love to keep reading your blog :)
    rachelmarie0512@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Please invite me :) true.identity02@gmail.com

    Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Please invite me!!! healingbymm@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete